Maybe not easier than picking a jar off the shelf at the store, buuut more delicious, better ingredients, and you feel a sense of pride eating your own jam. That’s a good way to start your day, right? Spread it on an English muffin or a biscuit, make a sweet and savory pizza with the jam, or add it as a sweetener on top of plain yogurt.
I plan to grow my own berries this summer and make loads of homemade jam!
- Six cups mashed blackberries
- Seven cups granulated sugar -- Measure out in separate bowl.
- 1.75 oz. pectin -- Dried
- Mash blackberries, pour in large pot over high heat. Stir in pectin. Bring to boil.
- Add seven cups of sugar all at once. Stir, bring back to boil.
- Stir and boil for ONE minute.
- Reduce heat
This recipe makes 8, 8 oz. jars.
Why homemade? See below.
Don't have the time or desire to make homemade jam?
Reach out to me to have a jar delivered to you and taste the homemade difference.
For all personal nutrition coaching inquiries and food orders, please contact me at: